The First Annual Temple West Fight-to-the-Death Fan Fiction Competition!Read More
February 7 // The Book Hookup // Character Interview
February 8 // Literary Dust // Review
February 9 // DanaSquare // Quirky Q&A
February 10 // BookCatPin // Book Excerpt & Quotes
February 11 // The Book Academy // Video Interview
February 12 // And Then There Were Books // Review
February 13 // Zara's Scribblings // Excerpt
February 14 // A Page With a View // Interview
February 15 // Crossroads Reviews // Review
February 16 // Adventures of a Book Junkie // Interview
February 17 // Bumblebee Books // Spotlight
February 18 // Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile // Book Excerpt & Quotes
February 19 // A Perfection Called Books // Quirky Q&A
February 20 // A Leisure Moment // Quirky Q&A
February 21 // Living Within Fiction // Interview
I've just finished the latest draft of Cashmere and I've chosen the winners to the Literary Doppleganger and...Read More
End-of-year exhaustion and the final push for CashmereRead More
Hello my lovelies! So, I accidentally wore a Jane Eyre outfit and hairstyle the other day and it gave me a brilliant idea for a contest. If you re-create a literary hero or heroine, post a side-by-side comparison image (like the one I did below) and post it on Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #literarydoppleganger you will have a chance to win a very shiny Cashmere bookmark (designs forthcoming but check out the first one below!). Don't forget to tag me in your post!
- Must include comparison image from movie / TV adaptation or official book illustration
- Must include attempts to recreate hair, costume, accessories, pose, and lighting
- Must identify the literary hero / heroine you are impersonating (i.e. Jane Eyre)
- Must identify the author who created that literary hero / heroine (i.e. Charlotte Brontë)
- Must include #literarydoppleganger hashtag
- Must tag me in post (on either Instagram or Twitter)
Contest open until midnight New Year's Eve (PST).
- If the original image was shot outside in the morning, try and shoot your photo outside and in the morning. The closer you can get to recreating the original image, the better!
- Ladies, try and do your make up like your character, whether that's a lot or nothing at all.
- Get a friend to help shoot it if the angle makes it difficult for you to get a selfie
- Use fun photo filters to make it look like the original image! VSCO and Snapseed are great!
- Do better than I did. Mine was pretty much on accident so I didn't follow my own rules. Things I would have done differently: worn less make up, added a ribbon to my hat, worn a higher-necked jacket, shot the photo outside in the late afternoon in the woods.
Now go get your literary doppleganger on.
I am holding a character naming competition from now until midnight on...Read More
Get your books on.Read More
The Swoon Reads 2015 Author Tour is officially upon us!Read More
Have you heard of #AuthorChat? Its a live author interview show on Google+ Hangouts that...Read More